Jaffas n Jandals
The one that shows you the bay of islands for a feast of culture, kayaking and beachside beauty
Visiting Auckland, Paihia, Parry Kauri Park
Is this trip for me?
Short Trips & Festivals
Average 45 people
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
2 nights accommodation
2 nights in Hotel
1 Dinner, 2 Breakfast
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
4 included, 5 optional that you can add
TOP EXPERIENCES ON THIS TRIP:
- Step backwards in time through the towering Kauri trees on the Pary Kauri trail, Auckland
- Immerse yourself in Maori culture and history with a guided tour of the Waitangi Treaty lands
- Get a taste of the local cuisine with some traditional Kiwiana 'Fish 'n' Chups'
- Sail through the shimmering Bay of Islands on a catamaran, with a spot of swimming, snorkelling and lunch*
- Glide 13,000 ft over the beautiful bay of islands on the Flying Kiwi Parasail *
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Jaffas n Jandals
Experiences that are included with your trip
- See the 'City of Sails' harbour made famous by the America's Cup
- Check out Whangarei & Kawakawa's famous Hundertwasser toilets
- Get a dose of history with a guided tour of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds Tour
- Tuck into a true Kiwiana fish'n'chips dinner, seafood chowder or NZ Lamb salad overlooking the Bay of Islands in Paihia
5 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Take a day trip to Cape Reinga at the very top of New Zealand's North Island NZ$117
- Carino Day Sailing NZ$130
- Discover the Bay NZ$149
- Island Adventure Fast Boat NZ$78
- Glide through NZ's Bay of Islands on a Parasailing experience in Paihia From NZ$95
Nights spent per location
Parry Kauri Park
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
How do I redeem the % off deal?
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).