The Northern Territory is a parched land drenched in cultural history. Enjoy the beautiful hues of Uluru (Ayers Rock) with a champagne toast at sunset, take a walkabout and dine on crocodile and emu. This tour has it all, including a final hot air balloon ride option. The breathtaking scenery and comic local characters of Australia will enchant you!
Top Offers & Tour Notes
Itinerary + Backstage Pass & ME Time Optionals
ME Time Optionals
ME Time optionals will take your trip to a whole new level with unforgettable experiences unique to the places you visit. See more, do more, live more & go home completely regret-free. Costs for these aren’t included in your tour cost & are payable to your Tour Manager in local currency.
Your Backstage Pass gives you incredible exclusive experiences you’ll only get with Contiki. From food to accommodation to exclusive access to the best sights, your Backstage Pass gives you unbeatable value & a completely unique travel experience.
Fly over the international date line on your way to Australia.
Check into the Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis Hotel & spend the rest of the afternoon exploring Alice Springs.
Meet your Contiki crew and go on a tour of the Outback’s unofficial capital, ’The Alice’, famous for its remote location, its Aussie characters & its reputation as the national hub for Aboriginal art.
Visit ANZAC Hill lookout, Alice Springs Reptile Center, the important Aboriginal cultural site of Simpson’s Gap & West MacDonnell National Park. You'll also get to see Alice Springs Telegraph Station. We kick off the afternoon with a hand on expereince at the Alice Springs Reptile Center where you hear about some of Australia's the unique Outback reptiles, and if your brave enough, hold a python.
Tonight you'll get to know your fellow travellers over dinner
Hotel Breakfast, Dinner
- See the MacDonnell Ranges from ANZAC Hill
- Visit West MacDonnell National Park & see the stunning Aboriginal site of Simpsons Gap
- Alice Springs Reptile Centre experience
- See the dry Todd River which hosts the annual Henley-on-Todd Regatta
Jump start the day by learning about surviving in the bush with our included Aboriginal 'Bushtucker' tour. Our expert Aboriginal Guide will fill you in on the dos and don’ts of life in the bush, and you’ll even get to taste insects and plants if you’re adventurous.
Next up, Kings Creek Station. This working camel & cattle station serves up a real outback experience. Tonight, 'go bush' and sleep under the open sky at our overnight bush camp where you’ll see the desert sky light up with thousands of stars.
Outback bush camp Breakfast, Dinner
- Aboriginal Dreamtime 'Bushtucker' tour in Alice Springs
- Hike to the 'Garden of Eden' waterhole and the 'Lost City'
- Stay at a cattle & camel station
- See the desert night sky & stars
- Sleep in a traditional Aussie 'swag' at an outback bush camp
- Quad Bike Excursion A$85
- Scenic Helicopter Flights from A$90
- Camel Ride A$50
Today we make tracks to Uluṟu!
We drive by ancient (700 million years old!) Mt. Connor for 360° views over the red desert and take a walk through Uluṟu's neighbour - Kata Tjuṯa, or 'The Olgas' - before arriving at Yulara Resort. This environmentally designed resort is all about the outback and has a pool for you to cool off in after the drive.
- Wake up to a bacon & egg breakfast
- See the 700 million year old Mt. Conner & Lake Amadeus
- Hike through Kata Tjuṯa (The Olgas)
Start off the morning nice and early and watch the sun rise over this iconic natural wonder from the viewing area.
Get familiar with Uluṟu when your Tour Manager takes you around its base and gives you the background of the spiritual significance of this site for Aboriginal people.
For something different, choose an optional Harley Davidson ride or scenic flight.
Tonight, catch the sun set over the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Uluṟu (Ayers Rock), and grab some nibbles and bubbly to toast this amazing view.
- Visit Uluru Cultural Centre
- See Uluṟu at sunrise
- Toast Uluṟu at sunset with drinks & nibbles
- Harley Davidson motorcycle rides from A$55
- Uluru & the Olgas Scenic Flights from A$90
It’s an easy-going start to the day today. Your Tour Manager will cook up a storm for breakfast, so load up on bacon & eggs!
We swing by a traditional Australian roadhouse, and then pull back into Alice Springs.
Tonight, join the group for an optional dinner at the Overlander Steakhouse, where you can try out kangaroo, crocodile, camel & steak while listening to Aussie folk songs.
- Indulge in a BBQ 'Big Brekkie'
- Visit a traditional Outback Roadhouse
- Overlander Steakhouse 'Drovers Blowout' Meal A$60
- Quad Bike Excursion A$125
Say a final farewell to your new friends as your tour ends this morning after breakfast.
Ready to book?