Cape to Coast
The one that takes you through beaches, bushwalks, rainforest & The Reef in 2 weeks
Visiting Cairns, Cape Tribulation, Whitsundays, Noosa Everglades, Byron Bay, Sydney, Fraser Island, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Hosanna Farm
Is this trip for me?
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
13 nights accommodation
11 nights in Hostel, 2 nights in Special Stay - Eco Camp
13 Breakfast, 2 Dinner, 1 Lunch
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
16 included, 17 optional that you can add
- Go jungle surfing (ziplining) through the world's oldest rainforest at Cape Tribulation*
- Ogle at the postcard setting of Port Douglas, where high-end resorts sit between the jungle and the sea
- Learn about aboriginal culture with a Dreamtime walk and 'bushtucker' survival skills at Tjapukai
- Cruise to the outer barrier and explore the majesty & marine life of the Great Barrier Reef*
- Sail across the spectacular Sydney Harbour on a sunset cruise or by jetboat*
- Live out your bohemian dreams and learn to surf in the beach paradise of Byron Bay
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Cape to Coast
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Stop at Alexandra Lookout Photo Stop
- See where the rainforest meets the sea at Alexandra Lookout
- Lunch time stop Port Douglas (own expense)
- See aboriginal culture brought to life through traditional dance, art and interactive demonstrations at Tjapukai on a Dreamtime Experience
- Tjapukai - Dreamtime Experience
- Train: Airlie Beach to Cairns
- Included Flight: Airlie Beach to Noosa
- Spend the day on the world's largest sand island: Fraser Island
- Swim in idyllic Lake Mackenzie on Fraser Island
- Enjoy a tasty lunch on Fraser Island
- Visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - and see native Australian animals including kangaroos, emus, crocodiles, dingoes & Tasmanian devils
- Visit an authentic Aussie working farm for home-cooked damper & billy tea
- Live out your bohemian dreams with a surfing lesson in Byron Bay
- Included Flight: Byron Bay to Sydney
- Sunset Cruise on Sydney Harbour
- Take a day trip to the Blue Mountains and learn about their cultural significance
17 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Soar through the rainforest canopy on a zipline Jungle Surfing experience at Cape Tribulation A$ 99.00
- Get the blood pumping with an AJ Hackett bungee jump in Cairns A$ 165.00
- Feel the thrill of White Water Rafting in Cairns A$ 135.00
- Take the Skyrail through UNESCO-listed rainforest to the sustainable living haven of Kuranda From A$105
- Get entry to Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome plus one ZOOM activity $45
- Cuddle up to a Koala for a photo at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome $28
- Board a catamaran or glass-bottomed boat for a Great Barrier Reef Cruise selected departures
- Discover an underwater world as you snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
- Sail across the breathtaking Whitsundays on a day trip, including a visit to idyllic Whitehaven Beach, snorkelling and lunch A$ 189.00
- Kayak on the crystal clear waters of Byron Bay A$ 58.00
- Taste craft beer at the Stone and Wood Brewery in Byron Bay A$ 31.00
- Phillip Foote Dinner - "Cook your own BBQ" A$ 38.00
- Taste world class Australian wine at Handpicked Wines Cellar Door A$ 40.00
- Whizz over the waters of Sydney harbour on a jet boat A$ 60.00
- Explore the city of Sydney on two wheels with a guided bike tour A$ 80.00
- Get up close to protected Sumatran tigers, Asian elephants, chimpanzees, giraffes & red kanagaroos at Sydney's Taronga Zoo A$ 47.00
- See Sydney's skyline at its best as you take the climb of your life up the famous Harbour Bridge A$ 250.00
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
How do I redeem the % off deal?
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).