(From April 2020)
The one that will immerse you in Uluru's ancient culture & landscapes
Visiting Uluru, Kings Canyon
Is this trip for me?
Max 20 people
Average Group Age
- Only $200 deposit to book
- Part pay financing available with UpLift
- No change fees
- No booking fees
3 nights accommodation
3 nights in Lodge
2 Breakfast, 3 Dinner
Expert Trip Manager
All transport included during the trip
7 included, 6 optional that you can add
TOP EXPERIENCES ON THIS TRIP:
- Toast the sunset with champagne and nibbles against the stunning backdrop of Uluru
- Take a guided hike around the lunar-like landscape of King's Canyon, ending at the etheral Garden of Eden
- Check out the landscape from the clouds with a scenic flight over Uluru & the Olgas
- Visit Walpa Gorge, the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) and the Valley of the Winds
- Take part in an Aboriginal Dot Painting class
- Enjoy BBQ breakfast & a BBQ dinner during your stay at the Outback Pioneer Lodge
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Uluru Explorer (From April 2020)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Feast on a classic BBQ Dinner at Uluru
- Watch a golden sunrise over the sacred site of Uluru
- Visit the Olgas (Kata Tjuta), the Walpa Gorge & the Valley of the Winds in the heart of the Kata Tjuta National Park
- Indulge in a BBQ 'Big Brekkie'
- Toast Uluru at sunset with drinks & nibbles
- Climb the 'stairway to heaven' to the aptly named Garden of Eden, Kings Canyon
- Take a day trip & hike through the spectacular King's Canyon
6 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Visit the Field of Lights, a spectacular art installation of 50,000 lights near Uluru
- See a different side of Uluru on a Segway tour A$ 140.00
- Take a peaceful camel ride over the rich red sand dunes alongside Uluru A$ 125.00
- Take a Dot-painting workshop with a local Aboriginal Anangu artist & create your own art piece
- Soar over the sacred sites of Uluru & Kata Tjuta on a scenic flight
- See Uluru from a thrilling perspective as you skydive over the Australian outback
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.