(From April 2020)
The one that gives you a taste of Europe’s highlights for those tight on time
Visiting London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, Venice, Lucerne, Paris, Dover, Calais, Belgium, Innsbruck
Is this trip for me?
Average 45 people
- See Amsterdam's canals & gable houses by night
- Enjoy Amsterdam from the water on a canal cruise with an on-board bar
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
8 nights accommodation
8 nights in Hotel
2 Dinner, 8 Breakfast
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
16 included, 8 optional that you can add
TOP EXPERIENCES ON THIS TRIP:
- Take a locally guided bike tour through the home of Oktoberfest, Munich
- Order a stein of Bavarian beer at a traditional German beer hall, Munich
- Take a cable car for up Nordkette Mountain for some unforgettable panoramas*
- Cruise on a private motoscafo through the historical islands of Venice
- Watch performers whirl by as you sip champagne in your VIP seats at the Moulin Rouge*
*This experience is a Free Time Add On and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Some are available to purchase while on the trip
See Amsterdam's canals & gable houses by night
Visit a traditional beer hall
See the Golden Roof & Royal Palace in Innsbruck
Enjoy Amsterdam from the water on a canal cruise with an on-board bar
Nordkette Mountain (Seegrube)
Watch performers whirl by as you sip champagne in your VIP Moulin Rouge seats, followed by dinner
European Magic (From April 2020)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- See Amsterdam's canals & gable houses by night
- Included Dinner
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Orientation tour of Frankfurt
- Locally guided bike tour of Munich's famous landmarks (Summer only)
- Locally guided walking tour of the city (Winter only)
- Visit a traditional beer hall
- Scenic drive past vineyards, orchards & castles
- See the Golden Roof & Royal Palace in Innsbruck
- Private boat through the canals & islands of Venice
- See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge's Palace & St. Mark's Square
- See the Wooden Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- Take a dreamy nighttime tour of the 'city of lights', Paris
- See the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs-Élysées, and Notre Dame Cathedral
- Get a panoramic view of Paris from the Montparnasse Tower
- Visit a French perfumery
8 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Enjoy Amsterdam from the water on a canal cruise with an on-board bar EUR 31.50
- Nordkette Mountain (Seegrube) EUR 29.50
- Uncover a hidden Venice with an in-depth walking tour followed by an aperitivo EUR 17.00
- Glide down the canals of Venice on a traditional gondola EUR 23.00
- Feast on an authentic Venetian 3-course meal with specialities like antipasti & local seafood EUR 34.50
- Trip t-shirts EUR 21.00 - 32.00
- Make & paint your own Venetian mask and wear it while you enjoy a delicious aperitivo
- Watch performers whirl by as you sip champagne in your VIP Moulin Rouge seats, followed by dinner
Nights spent per location
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What documents do I need to travel?
Dependent on where you’re travelling and your nationality, you'll need a valid passport and may also need visas to enter into certain countries - please check this well in advance of your trip departure date. The majority of our Europe trips travel in countries that are covered by the Schengen Agreement which relates to visas. Citizens of many countries - e.g. Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada - can travel in the Schengen area without a visa. If you require a visa to enter the Schengen area you only need to obtain one visa which will allow you to travel in all Schengen countries. For non-Schengen countries, you may be able to obtain a visa upon arrival, depending on your nationality. Some countries also require passports to have 3-6 months left on them before the given expiry date, so be sure to double check this before booking your travels.
1. Visas can take up to six weeks & a fee is normally charged.
2. Failure to obtain all necessary visas could cause you to miss part or all of your trip & will result in you incurring considerable expense & inconvenience.
3. It is better to apply for all visas through your travel agent or local consular services before you leave home.
4. Contiki will provide you with visa contacts from our London base at the Royal National Hotel, if necessary.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our European trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) to be stored in the hold & one small day bag to take on board. Your day bag should be a backpack, duffel bag or satchel only (no small luggage cases or suitcases with wheels on board the coach).
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Europe. They know their way around better than google maps & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
What's not included that I should budget for?
Aside from essentials like flights, how much spending money you’ll need will depend on the duration of the trip and how much you anticipate spending on personal expenses like alcohol or shopping. Before you travel, it’s also a good idea to read up on and get an idea of the Free Time Add-Ons you think you’ll want to do on trip, as these will form part of your overall budget. We’d advise doing some research on your chosen European destinations beforehand, looking at things like:
- Cost of a local lunch
- Cost of a local dinner
- Cost of a local taxi
- Cost of entry to a sightseeing spot
In all areas of the service industry in Europe, from restaurants, bars, hotels & taxis, it is common practice to tip if you feel that the service received has been excellent.
The same goes for your Contiki Team. If you feel that your Trip Manager & Driver’s service has been exceptional, then feel free to tip them if you feel they’ve done a great job. If you choose to tip, we recommend around 2 Euros per day, however whether or not you choose to tip (& how much) is completely up to you.
Will I be able to access WiFi on my trip?
Yes! Our fleet of modern, sleek coaches are kitted out with WiFi in all places except Greece, as are most hotels & hostels across the continent, so you’ll always be able to effortlessly get online and update everyone back home about your incredible adventure.
What are Contiki’s sustainability credentials?
We believe that travelling sustainably and consciously, matters. Contiki Cares is our commitment to protecting the communities we visit, the wildlife we interact with, and the planet we all share. Our founding partner, the TreadRight Foundation was established 10 years ago as a not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting sustainable tourism within The Travel Corporation’s family of brands. From street tours that support local residents, refugees and the vulnerably housed, to dining experiences that support local farmers, our consciouc travel experiences let you see things from a different perspective. Find out more at https://www.contiki.com/uk/en/about/contiki-cares.
How do I redeem the % off deal?
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).