(Wellington to Auckland Summer)
The one that brings you north island beauty spots, from geothermal springs to Lord of the Rings
Visiting Wellington, Mount Ruapehu, Lake Taupo, Rotorua, Auckland, Paihia, Huka Falls, Parry Kauri Park
Is this trip for me?
Average 45 people
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
9 nights accommodation
8 nights in Hotel, 1 night in Contiki Special Stay
9 Breakfast, 3 Dinner
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
13 included, 13 optional that you can add
- Be floored by the beauty of the Milford Sound fjord, witnessing cascading waterfalls and sheer cliffs on a guided cruise
- Combine an exhilarating helicopter ride above the Franz Josef glacier with an icy once-in-a-lifetime hike*
- Sample a glass of world class Sauvignon Blanc with a tour of a Queenstown vinyard
- Take on the thrill of a hair-raising river rapids ride on the Shotover Jet boat, Queenstown*
- Get a behind the scenes look at mustering sheep on horseback at an authentic, family-run merino farm, Te Anau
- Explore the pristine waters of the Mt Aspiring National Park on a Funyak kayaking tour*
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Northern Choice (Wellington to Auckland Summer)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Tuck into coffee and cake in one of Wellington's cafes, including a 'Heart parcels' brownie with proceeds going towards supporting the homeless
- Join our 2019 Changemaker Parris Quinn in handing out 'Heart Parcels' food to Wellington's homeless (from Oct 2020 - selected departures)
- Check out the cafe & restaurant scene in Wellington, voted the coolest little capital in the world
- See more of the sights made famous in the "The Lord of the Rings"
- See an active stratovolcano with Mt Ruapehu
- Take a behind the scenes tour of the of a Kiwi conservation project at the Rainbow Springs Kiwi Encounter
- See (and smell) Rotorua's bubbling geothermic mud pools
- Experience a traditional Maori cultural performance and feast on a ground-smoked hangi dinner
- Visit Hobbiton and take a guided tour of the set made famous by the "Lord of the Rings & Hobbit" movies
- See the 'City of Sails' harbour made famous by the America's Cup
- Check out Whangarei & Kawakawa's famous Hundertwasser toilets
- Get a dose of history with a guided tour of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds Tour
- Tuck into a true Kiwiana fish'n'chips dinner, seafood chowder or NZ Lamb salad overlooking the Bay of Islands in Paihia
13 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Wellington Dinner NZ$49
- OGO Ball From NZ$35
- Experience the rush of a Huka Falls Jet boat ride NZ$115
- Go white water rafting down the crashing Kaituna River NZ$99
- Hike the unique volcanic landscape of Mt Tarawera, Rotorua NZ$149
- Explore native rainforest at dawn with breakfast & coffee followed by ziplining on a Contiki Exclusive Rotorua Rainforest Canopy tour NZ$149
- Cook your kai (food) the traditional way over an active steam vent at Te Puia Maori Village, followed by a guided tour & hands-on weaving experience NZ$84
- Get a multi-sensory icecream extravaganza with a Giapo Chef's Table icecream experience NZ$45
- Take a day trip to Cape Reinga at the very top of New Zealand's North Island NZ$117
- Carino Day Sailing NZ$130
- Discover the Bay NZ$149
- Island Adventure Fast Boat NZ$78
- Glide through NZ's Bay of Islands on a Parasailing experience in Paihia From NZ$95
Nights spent per location
Parry Kauri Park
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
How do I redeem the % off deal?
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).