Ultimate NZ Ski
The one that hits the slopes for a high-octane week framed by spectacular south island scenery
Is this trip for me?
Ski & Snowboard
Average 45 people
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
6 nights accommodation
6 nights in Hotel
2 Dinner, 6 Breakfast
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
1 included, 8 optional that you can add
- Get to know ins and outs of Queenstown, the region dubbed the adrenaline capital of the world
- Receive a 4 day ski lift pass and transfers to three ski fields covered in exhilarating slopes
- Bring out your inner thrill seeker with a bridge bungee jump*
- Take the concept of the innocent playground swing to new heights, plummeting from a platform some 130 metres above the ground dubbed the Nevis Swing*
- Hunt down the gourmet foods of Queenstown that have earned themselves a cult following (lining up for 2 hours for a FergBurger will not disappoint!)
- Tap into the atmospheric nightlife of this multicultural, transient and colourful city
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Ultimate NZ Ski
Experiences that are included with your trip
- 4 Day Ski Lift Pass plus Transfer to the Slopes
8 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Take an splashy adventure thrill ride on Queenstown's Shotover Jet NZ$129
- Funyaks NZ$359
- Take the plunge on the world's OG bungy at Kawarau Bridge, Queenstown NZ$205
- Jump off the third highest bungy platform in the world at AJ Hackett's Nevis Bungy in Queenstown NZ$275
- Get a thrilling perspective of Queenstown's skyline with the famous AJ Hackett Ledge bungy NZ$205
- Go all out with Thrillogy - 3 of Queenstown's world class bungy jumps including the historic Kawarau Bungy, the freestyle Ledge Bungy, and the hair-raising Nevis Bungy NZ$420
- Take the swing of your life on the 300m Nevis Swing, one of the world's biggest canyon swings in Queenstown NZ$210
- Get your adrenalin pumping with AJ Hackett's Ledge Swing with sweeping views of Queenstown NZ$165
Nights spent per location
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
How do I redeem the % off deal
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).
Is there a Trip Manager from Contiki with us?
YES. We have a dedicated Contiki ski rep who is on hand at all times on the mountains. They’ll be boarding with you in the day, booking and organising all your Free Time activities and showing you around Queenstown in the evening.
Can I bring my own equipment?
YES. Baggage weight restrictions do not apply as we are not travelling on a coach. Easy!
Can I rent equipment?
YES. You can rent all of the equipment and clothing you need.
Can I store my equipment where we’re staying?
YES. If you’re bringing your own equipment there is a storage in a dry room at the hotel. If you’re renting equipment, you can store rented equipment in the store overnight prior to each days skiing/boarding.
Can I get lessons if I am not experienced?
YES. There are many different options for lessons from beginner (first time), to moderate (have a bit of experience). Prices start from NZ$59 for a group lesson, see 2019 prices below. Lessons can be booked with the Trip Manager at the start of the trip.
Do I have enough time to do all the Free Time activities available?
It really depends on how often you would like to go up the mountains and what optional activities you would like to do. During the kickstart meeting on the first night your Trip Manager will detail all the activities available and discuss with you if and how you can fit them in.
What slopes do we ski/board?
The ski pass is valid for 4 days and it gives you access to the 3 main slopes in the region – Cardorona, the Remarkables & Coronet Peak. You’ll be taken up each of the slopes for a day by the Trip Manager, then on your final day you’ll have the option to choose which slope you would like to go up. See the detailed itinerary for more details.