Monday to Thursday 05:00 AM - 11:00 PM Friday 06:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday 07:00 AM - 03:00 PM Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
...or speak with your favorite travel agent
The role of Trip Driver for Contiki is a demanding yet fulfilling one. Our Trip Drivers are responsible for getting our Travellers safely around Europe. This is a huge responsibility, but it's a great way to meet loads of people. It's also the perfect way to work while travelling around Europe! Our Trip Drivers are the best in the business and we ensure their success by providing thorough on road training.
WHY WORK FOR CONTIKI?
Contiki is the world's leading tour operator for 18-35's. When working for us you're undertaking not only a job but a lifestyle. A life that involves travelling to some of the most exotic destinations in the world with some of the most amazing people you'll ever meet.
As a member of our road crew, you will be the face of Contiki - dealing with our travellers each day and ensuring that they have the holiday of a lifetime! We have high expectations of our road crew - only the best will do. We've been at the top of our game for over 55 years and that's where we intend to stay!
To be a part of our team you'll need to:
- Be passionate about travel and Europe.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated - we expect you to work hard for our Company and for our Travellers.
- Be responsible and professional at all times.
- Have the ability to deal with all types of people - our Travellers come from all around the globe; they speak many languages and have many different expectations.
- Enjoy a challenge - our Training Trip and the job itself will constantly present you with many different and sometimes difficult situations.
- - Work well as part of a Team - when you are on tour you will be working with your Trip Manager, On Road Cook, On Site Team Members, local suppliers and guides - you will be part of a very big picture.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
In order to drive our coaches in Europe you must hold:
- Full European Passport (UK/EU)
You would also need to have or obtain:
- Category D (PCV) coach licence for Europe
- Driver CPC Qualification
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click on the "Apply Now" link at the bottom of this page to access the Trip Driver Application form. You will need to have your CV on hand to complete your application and record a 5 minute video interview.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A COACH LICENCE?
In some cases we can offer assistance with the whole process of booking, taking the relevant tests and initial funding.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE CONTIKI LOOKS FOR?
Yes, you should also:
- Have good references and driving record
- Be English speaking
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once we have reviewed your application you will hear from us via email - all correspondence will be via email. If we think that you may be suitable for a position we will invite you to an information session, followed by an individual interview the same day.
Interviews are generally held in London. Dates may become available in Sydney, Australia before the end of October and in other locations in the UK and Europe from September. Following a successful individual interview you can be offered a position on one of our 2019 European Training Trips. Training for next summer begins in March 2019 and involves joining one of our comprehensive Training Trips in Europe. You will visit all of our major destinations throughout Europe and along the way learn the skills of Trip Driving. Our Training Trips are renowned for being intense and very challenging - you will not just be learning about driving in and around Europe but also developing your teamwork and customer service skills.
When you work with Contiki you are joining a Global Brand; your opportunities to further your expertise stretch from Russia and Scandinavia to Australia and New Zealand. Given the reputation of our training programme, you will always go far in the fields of travel, tourism and beyond.