USER GENERATED CONTENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RIGHTS OF USE OF YOUR CONTENT AGREEMENT
The following terms and conditions (hereafter “Agreement”) between the Content Owner (as defined below) and Contiki Tours International Limited (hereafter “Contiki) regulating the use of multimedia (collectively hereafter “the Content”) created by the Content Owner by Contiki, for all lawful purposes, subject to the terms and conditions described below.
Content Owner – the original poster of content on Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter who has used one or more of Contiki’s "Branded Hashtags", or tagged @contiki on their content
The Content – multimedia uploaded onto Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter, including but not limited to imagery, text and video
Branded Hashtags – the use of the hashtag #Contiki and/or a trip-specific hashtag as outlined in Contiki’s brochures, available at https://www.contiki.com/brochures
By the Content Owner replying to a comment on an individual piece of content with the hashtag #YesContiki, the Content Owner agrees that the individual piece of content may be used by Contiki as defined below.
In the delivery of content, the Content Owner grants Contiki non-exclusive rights to use the Content in activity as defined below:
3.1 Purpose: to authentically depict experiences on Contiki trips from the perspective of Contiki’s customers
3.2 Medium: used across marketing channels in different forms of media, including but not limited to use on website (https://www.contiki.com), print, social media, email, digital advertising, out-of-home, events, third party platforms and APIs.
3.3 Period: in perpetuity
3.4 Territory: global
4. General Terms
● The Content Owner confirms that they are the original creator of the piece of content, and have no known knowledge that the content was created by another individual.
● In most implementations, imagery will be accompanied with the Content Owner’s Instagram username, and the date that the piece of content was originally posted.
● The Content is still entirely owned by the Content Owner, who is merely granting Contiki the rights to use the content in marketing activity
● If a Content Owner chooses to relinquish rights granted to Contiki, they must contact Contiki in writing including the piece of content, a link, photograph or screenshot of where the content appears in Contiki’s marketing collateral, and evidence that they are the original Content Owner of the piece of content
● By agreeing, you also waive any payment for the use of content across all mediums and channels
● Severability. If one or more of the provisions contained in the Agreement is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. Such provisions shall be revised only to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
This agreement is subject to English Law. Contiki Tours International Limited, Picquet House, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1AF, Channel Islands. This Agreement is in no way sponsored, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.