Beaches and Reefs
(Start Sydney - Until March 2020)
The one that lets you soak up the sun, white sands & glistening shores of the East Coast
Visiting Sydney, Byron Bay, Noosa Everglades, Whitsundays, Cairns, Hosanna Farm, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Fraser Island
Is this trip for me?
Max 30 people
Mini-Coach + Internal flights + Train
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
12 nights accommodation
10 nights in Hostel, 2 nights in Contiki Special Stay
12 Breakfast, 1 Dinner, 1 Lunch
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
14 included, 20 optional that you can add
- Cruise across the spectacular Sydney Harbour and take a day trip to the majestic Blue Mountains
- Live out your bohemian dreams and learn to surf in the beach paradise of Byron Bay
- Cruise to the outer barrier and explore the majesty & marine life of the Great Barrier Reef*
- Cuddle koalas and feed wallabies and wombats at the incredible Currumbin Wildlife Centre
- Spot kangaroos near the on-site brewery at our Special Stay Eco Camp in the Noosa Everglades
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Beaches and Reefs (Start Sydney - Until March 2020)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Take a day trip to the Blue Mountains and learn about their cultural significance
- See the sights on a guided walking tour of Sydney including the Opera House & Watson's Bay
- Spend the afternoon at Sydney's Bondi Beach & swim in the dreamy blue waters
- Included Flight: Sydney to Byron Bay
- Live out your bohemian dreams with a surfing lesson in Byron Bay
- Visit an authentic Aussie working farm for home-cooked damper & billy tea
- Visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - and see native Australian animals including kangaroos, emus, crocodiles, dingoes & Tasmanian devils
- Enjoy a delicious roast dinner at the Noosa Everglades CootharaBar
- Spend the day on the world's largest sand island: Fraser Island
- Swim in idyllic Lake Mackenzie on Fraser Island
- Enjoy a tasty lunch on Fraser Island
- Included Flight: Noosa to Airlie Beach
- Train: Airlie Beach to Cairns
- See aboriginal culture brought to life through traditional dance, art and interactive demonstrations at Tjapukai on a Dreamtime Experience
20 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Cook your own BBQ dinner in Sydney with freshly caught seafood or succulent steak at Phillip Foote restaurant
- See Sydney's skyline at its best as you take the climb of your life up the famous Harbour Bridge A$ 250.00
- Taste world class Australian wine at Handpicked Wines Cellar Door A$ 40.00
- Take a sunset cruise across the spectacular bays of Sydney Harbour A$ 22.00
- Whizz over the waters of Sydney harbour on a jet boat A$ 60.00
- Explore the city of Sydney on two wheels with a guided bike tour A$ 80.00
- Get up close to protected Sumatran tigers, Asian elephants, chimpanzees, giraffes & red kanagaroos at Sydney's Taronga Zoo A$ 47.00
- Taste craft beer at the Stone and Wood Brewery in Byron Bay A$ 31.00
- Kayak on the crystal clear waters of Byron Bay A$ 58.00
- Visit a lighthouse and watch the golden sunrise in Byron Bay
- Find your zen with morning yoga on the golden sands of Byron Bay
- Paddle through the Noosa Everglades on a canoe A$55
- Sail across the breathtaking Whitsundays on a day trip, including a visit to idyllic Whitehaven Beach, snorkelling and lunch A$ 189.00
- Get the blood pumping with an AJ Hackett bungee jump in Cairns A$ 165.00
- Feel the thrill of White Water Rafting in Cairns A$ 135.00
- Board a catamaran or glass-bottomed boat for a Great Barrier Reef Cruise selected departures
- Discover an underwater world as you snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
- Take the Skyrail through UNESCO-listed rainforest to the sustainable living haven of Kuranda From A$105
- Get entry to Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome plus one ZOOM activity $45
- Cuddle up to a Koala for a photo at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome $28
Nights spent per location
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
How do I redeem the % off deal?
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).