Travel the world as Contiki’s TikTok Creator | Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Travel the world as Contiki’s TikTok Creator | TikTok Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
- Entry is open to all entrants aged 18 years to 35 years. However, employees and the immediate families of Contiki (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be aged between 18 and 35 at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
- Entrants under 18 years of age cannot enter.
- The competition commences on Monday 19 September 2019 at 09:00 BST and closes on December 31st 2019 at 23:59 BST (“Competition Period”).
- The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Contiki.com, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
How to Enter
- To participate in the Competition entrants must a. Download and sign into the TikTok mobile Application from the App Store or the Google Play App Store (the “TikTok App”) and upload their video content with the #contikifindyourpeople and #tiktoktravel hashtags.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they wish during the Competition period; however, each entry must be significantly different from any previous entry.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit and individual originality. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be received by December 31st 2019 at 23:59 BST to be included in the Prize judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize judging.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is posted on the TikTok App. The Promoter and associated agencies accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
- The Entrant warrants to the Promoter the entry submitted is an original work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- The Entrant may include other people in their entry video. However, It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure all people that feature in the video have consented to being included, and must be 18 years of age or over.
- Entries must not be offensive, rude, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
- The TikTok App account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Contiki or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the Competition Period and one (1) Major Prize Winner will be selected by a judging panel at Contiki Marketing Lab on 31st January 2020 from 10:00 BST. An Entrant may win only one (1) Prize. The Winners will be the Entrants who, in the sole opinion of the judges, have submitted the entry with the most creative merit and individual originality using the hashtag #contikifindyourpeople and #TiktokTravel. Winners will be contacted via a Direct Message on their TikTok App account or a comment on their winning entry within five (5) days of the competition closing date. All Winner must respond to the Direct Message or comment within three (3) days of the Direct Message or comment being received. Winner’s details will be published in a method as determined by the Promoter from 31st January 2020.
- An entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by the Winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by 15th January 2020 at 09:30 BST, the Prize/s will be re-allocated to the Entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria excluding the Entrant that has failed to claim the prize.
- There will be One (1) Major Prize Winners judged from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize:
Become Contiki’s official TikTok Creator for one (1) year.
- The total Prize Pool is valued at $5,000.00. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
- The prize will include flights and per diem expenses incurred on a trip.
- The prize is non-transferrable.
- The prize includes a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 Contiki Trips, destination TBC.
- If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a Prize of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- Personal information about all Winners will be shared with the Prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
- If a Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements of notification of winning, their Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner/s will have no further claim. A re-judging will be held to award the Major Prize/s to a valid Entrant.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an Entrant’s account or contact details change during the Competition Period it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Should a Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Prize, and a re-judging will take place to reallocate the Prize to a valid Winner.
- By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.