Monday to Friday 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM Friday 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday 07:00 AM - 03:00 PM Sunday 08:30 AM - 09:00 PM
...or speak with your favorite travel agent
WAYS TO TRAVEL
GO EVERYWHERE If you’ve been dreaming of Europe your entire life, imagining a trip that will take you from the top of the Eiffel Tower, to the sunny shores of the French Riviera, crossing the Austrian hills and the canals of Venice in between, you have to go Discoverer. On these trips, no icon is left unseen, no city left undiscovered, no plate left thoroughly unlicked. Go everywhere, do everything, visiting multiple countries on a singular itinerary, no matter how long you’ve got to play with.
ARE YOU A DISCOVERER TRAVELLER?
• Do you want to see as much of Europe as you possibly can, no matter how long you’ve got?
• Do you want to snuggle down in hotel accommodation?
• Would you be up for saving a few pennies by bunking down in trendy hostel accommodation (available on our Trail & Quest trips)
• Do you want to split your time between organised sightseeing and independent adventuring?
EXPLORE, PARTY, SLEEP, REPEAT OK crew, if you want to explore Europe’s biggest and best by day (we’re talking Amsterdam, Rome, Prague, Barcelona, the Swiss Alps, just to get you started) then keep the good times rolling after dark, High Energy is probably your vibe. Designed for those who want to want to clock the miles in Europe whilst also shimmying and shaking to some of the best parties on the continent, High Energy is fast, vast and fabulous. Did we mention these are the only trips that stay in our special stopovers? 16th century French Chateau, here you come...
ARE YOU A HIGH ENERGY TRAVELLER?
• Are you equally excited by Europe’s most iconic sights, and the nightlife you know is the stuff of legend?
• Do you want to see your budget go further whilst not compromising on the places you’ll visit?
• Do you want to stay in some seriously unique accommodation, like a 16th century French Chateau, an Austrian Gasthof, or our cosy cabins?
DESIGNED FOR FREEDOM Like the idea of group travel but want to stay in control of where, when and what you do? Don’t want to be steered by itineraries, wake-up calls or group sightseeing? Independent Insider was literally created with you in mind. Essentially group travel reimagined, these trips will get you to some of Europe’s trendiest destinations, give you an army of new friends and a seriously savvy Trip Manager, and that’s it - the rest is up to you. Designed with ultimate freedom in mind, we’ve created these trips like building blocks so you can come, go, stay and play exactly as you please (helped along by Free time Add-Ons that speak directly to your biggest passions). A revolutionary new way of seeing Europe? You could say that…
ARE YOU AN INDEPENDENT INSIDER TRAVELLER?
• Are you looking for a trip that offers ultimate freedom and flexibility?
• Do you want the option to curate your own trip, built around how much time you have?
• Are you excited by the idea of Free Time Add-Ons built around your cultural passions?
• Are you a more experienced traveller, but excited by the idea of meeting like-minded people?
LIVE LOCAL Created for the culturally curious, In-Depth Explorer gets you eating, sleeping, exploring, and maybe even talking like a local. Featuring experiences designed to get you to the core of a country’s culture, these trips aren’t about covering huge amounts of ground and instead focus on a specific region in detail. Less time on the coach and more time enjoying indulgent lie-ins, afternoon Spritz breaks and midnight churros, really well have you feeling like you’ve nailed the European way of life.
ARE YOU A IN-DEPTH EXPLORER TRAVELLER?
• Do you want to get to know a specific region (think Italy, Spain or Scandinavia) in detail?
• Do you consider yourself part foodie, part historian, part culture aficionado and all parts explorer?
• Are you keen to travel less and wander more?
• Are you ready to learn from our seriously clued up Trip Managers and local guides?
SUN, SEA & SAND Do we even need to bother convincing you? I mean, the colour of the Aegean, the clarity of the Adriatic, the bougainvillea laden streets of Santorini, the pretty riverside villages of Europe - they kind of speak for themselves. But if we must tell you the perks, how about spending your days alternatively snorkelling secret coves and bays, exploring ancient port towns and whitewashed villages, eating delicious local food cooked by your on-board crew, all whilst spent with a bunch of new pals who will soon become your ultimate BFFs...Kind of hard to resist, right?
ARE YOU A SAILING, CRUISE & BEACH TRAVELLER?
• Do you love the feel of sand on your skin and salt in your hair?
• Would you be willing to muck in with the crew and learn a thing or two about sailing (totally optional, but crazy fun)?
• Are you sick of seeing other people pics of Santorini/Dubrovnik/Corfu/Hvar, and wanna get some of that for yourself?
• Does the idea of cruising the rivers of Europe with a posse of new bezzies get your toes a-tingling?
STRETCH YOUR BUDGET Who needs ceilings when you could be staring at the canvas of the night sky, right? Keeping it old school, our Camping trips are designed for those on a minimal budget who don’t want to compromise on experiences. And hey, these trips are far from slumming it - roomy two man tents (or your own for a little extra $), blow up mattresses, and some seriously fun campsites decked out with pools, bars and hot showers, will ensure you wake up ready to take on whatever Europe throws at you.
ARE YOU A CAMPING TRAVELLER?
• Do you want to wake up every morning to the sounds of nature?
• Do you want to save pennies on accommodation, so you can splurge on experiences?
• Do you want to do Europe the way the original Contiki campers did back in ‘62?
• Do you want to see everything Europe has to offer within your budget?
• Do you want access to some of the continent’s coolest campsites?
KEEP IT COSY Cheaper prices, fewer queues, cute Christmas markets, nights spent chasing the Northern Lights, and mile upon mile of powder fresh Austrian piste just calling your name...no, we can’t see the appeal of Europe in winter either. If like us you’ve clocked on to the perks of exploring the continent in the colder months, you’ll be massively rewarded by what you find. Not only is it cheaper to travel in Autumn, Winter and Spring, but it’s actually often way more chilled, plus you’ll be treated to the beauty of Europe changing seasons. Trust us, there’s little better than a crisp Autumn morning, or the first winter snow…
ARE YOU A WINTER & SKI TRAVELLER?
• Are you after a less hectic and more authentic way of seeing Europe?
• Are you ready to conquer the pistes of the SkiWelt region, surrounding the pretty Austrian town of Hopfgarten?
• Is seeing the Northern Lights and martian landscapes of Iceland top of your bucket list?
• Does the idea of layering up and overdosing on hot chocolate (not so) secretly excite you?
FOR LIFE’S MOMENTS Sometimes the best things come in small packages. Kylie, the iPod nano (RIP), and our Short Trips & Festivals. These babies are designed to celebrate life’s best events (think Christmas, New Year, Oktoberfest, or Sziget, arguably one of Europe’s coolest festivals), and are also all about maximising the time you have in some of Europe’s key cities (London, Berlin, Barcelona & Madrid). Whatever the occasion, these trips make it that little bit more special. Do them as standalone travel experiences or (even better) tag them onto the start or end of another Contiki trip.
ARE YOU A SHORT TRIPS & FESTIVALS TRAVELLER?
• Do you want to sample all the beers at Oktoberfest?
• Do you want to see in the New Year celebrations at Hogmanay, Paris or Amsterdam?
• Do you want to see Amsterdam in full tulip bloom?
• Do you want to have the mini break of mini breaks in a sweet European city?