Heading to Europe this summer? Check out this awesome packing list from our Contiki Marketing pro, Heather Metcalf!
Summer Europe Suitcase
Telling someone what to pack for their trip to Europe is a touchy subject. It’s just so personal! Everybody has their own clothing and packing style. This list is meant to be a general guideline. If you are a fashionista, I’m sure you have already glanced at this list, scoffed, and thought of 20 things you would add. But before we get into it, there are a couple of things worth mentioning:
- Fashionistas be warned! There are Luggage Limits on your baggage. You are sharing a coach with 40+ other people. There is limited space.
- Remember to put your name and home address somewhere on your suitcase. They make luggage tags for this exact purpose. Also, it isn’t a bad idea to use a sticker, ribbon, or some other unique identifier to mark your luggage. Do you know how many people own black suitcases??
- DO NOT pack your travel documents and passport IN your luggage. These items should always stay in your carry on luggage for obvious reasons. You can put a copy of your travel documents in your luggage. Also, it might not be a bad idea to leave a copy of your important travel documents at home with a trusted relative or friend.
- There are rules regarding what you can and cannot pack or carry aboard on your flight. Please visit your airline website to check the most up-to-date rules and regulations.
- Depending on the type of tour and length of stay, there is varied access to Laundry Facilities in Europe.
That being said, here is a list of general items you should not forget when packing for your Summer Europe trip:
- 1 to 2 pairs of jeans (the staple of any wardrobe)
- Trousers or slacks
- 2 to 3 t-shirts
- 2 to 3 casual shirts
- 2 or 3 shorts/skirts
- Dresses (this is optional for Men)
- 1 to 2 sets of swimwear and a beach towel
- 1 warm sweater
- Rainproof jacket or a small umbrella (you never know)
- 1 set of going out clothes (fashionistas this bullet point is for you)
- Something to sleep in . . .or not.
Underwear!! Wow that would be embarrassing. Try not to forget about this category. That’s all that needs to be said.
Shoes – Remember . . . there is limited space!! Leave your separate shoe suitcase at home!
- Comfortable walking shoes
- “Going out shoes” (5 inch stiletto heels might not be the best choice, but hey. . .up to you. Don’t forget many European cities have cobblestone streets, so pack an ankle brace if you plan on rocking heels because you’ll probably eat it somewhere…)
- Toiletry bag and contents (this is personal people! I don’t know what you use in the bathroom and kinda don’t want to know. Just try not to forget anything)
- Sunblock (trust me a sunburn is not a good look)
- Insect repellent
- Medications/hangover cures/etc. If you have prescription medication, bring a copy of the prescription just in case.
The Kitchen Sink – There are some basic miscellaneous items that you might not want to forget. It is better to be prepared (within reason fashionistas!)