Heading to Europe this summer? Check out this awesome packing list!
Summer Europe Suitcase
Telling someone what to pack for their trip to Europe is a touchy subject. It’s just so personal! Everybody has their own clothing and packing style. This list is meant to be a general guideline. If you are a fashionista, I’m sure you have already glanced at this list, scoffed, and thought of 20 things you would add. But before we get into it, there are a couple of things worth mentioning:
- Fashionistas be warned! There are Luggage Limits on your baggage. You are sharing a coach with 40+ other people. There is limited space.
- Remember to put your name and home address somewhere on your suitcase. They make luggage tags for this exact purpose. Also, it isn’t a bad idea to use a sticker, ribbon, or some other unique identifier to mark your luggage. Do you know how many people own black suitcases??
- DO NOT pack your travel documents and passport IN your luggage. These items should always stay in your carry on luggage for obvious reasons. You can put a copy of your travel documents in your luggage. Also, it might not be a bad idea to leave a copy of your important travel documents at home with a trusted relative or friend.
- There are rules regarding what you can and cannot pack or carry aboard on your flight. Please visit your airline website to check the most up-to-date rules and regulations.
- Depending on the type of tour and length of stay, there is varied access to Laundry Facilities in Europe.
That being said, here is a list of general items you should not forget when packing for your Summer Europe trip:
- 1 to 2 pairs of jeans (the staple of any wardrobe)
- Trousers or slacks
- 2 to 3 t-shirts
- 2 to 3 casual shirts
- 2 or 3 shorts/skirts
- Dresses (this is optional for Men)
- 1 to 2 sets of swimwear and a beach towel
- 1 warm sweater
- Rainproof jacket or a small umbrella (you never know)
- 1 set of going out clothes (fashionistas this bullet point is for you)
- Something to sleep in . . .or not.
Underwear!! Wow that would be embarrassing. Try not to forget about this category. That’s all that needs to be said.
Shoes – Remember . . . there is limited space!! Leave your separate shoe suitcase at home!
- Comfortable walking shoes
- “Going out shoes” (5 inch stiletto heels might not be the best choice, but hey. . .up to you. Don’t forget many European cities have cobblestone streets, so pack an ankle brace if you plan on rocking heels because you’ll probably eat it somewhere…)
- Toiletry bag and contents (this is personal people! I don’t know what you use in the bathroom and kinda don’t want to know. Just try not to forget anything)
- Sunblock (trust me a sunburn is not a good look)
- Insect repellent
- Medications/hangover cures/etc. If you have prescription medication, bring a copy of the prescription just in case.
The Kitchen Sink – There are some basic miscellaneous items that you might not want to forget. It is better to be prepared (within reason fashionistas!)
- Travel clock/watch (this is the most commonly forgotten item and is very important. Don’t forget it! Phones don’t always work)
- Sunglasses (mornings can be rough)
- Sewing kit
- Pens and writing materials
- Rechargeable phone card
- Power adapters
- Voltage Converters
- Day bag
- Overnight bag