How to create a profile
Sections you need to fill in:
- Username (your username should be your first name and surname without spaces)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Public display name
- Email Address
- Your bio
- Profile picture
- Social media profiles (if you want these to be visible, if not leave blank)
- Recent Contiki Trips (if you’ve travelled with Contiki before add your trip name in here, otherwise leave blank)
How to create an article
- Under ‘posts’ section, select ‘add new’
- Enter your article title in the section that reads ‘Enter title here’
- If you are submitting a video with your article and want it as the feature video, please enter the YouTube embed link into the ‘header video’ section provided. (To get a YouTube embed link, right click on a YouTube video and hit ‘copy embed code’. Paste the embed code into notes, then select only the link that begins https://www.youtube.com/embed, followed by the unique set of numbers letters).
- Select the tab ‘Post Content’
- Here, you can then build your article as best suits the content. To start building, hit ‘Add Section’.
- If your article is a list, build it out by hitting ‘add list item’ each time you want to add a new list item. If you don’t have images for each list item don’t worry, it won’t affect the formatting of your article.
- If your article is a written piece, select the ‘Add Text Block’ option and enter your text in there. When doing a written article, it is always advisable to break up big chunks of text with imagery. To add an image, simply select ‘Add Section’ again and hit ‘Add Photo’
- If you need to add videos throughout your article, select ‘Add Video’ and follow the YouTube embed guidelines as mentioned above.
- As you are building your article, it is advisable to continuously preview it. To do this, hit ‘save draft’ on the top right, and then hit ‘preview’. This will allow you to see if there are any formatting issues with your article.
- Once you have built your article, you’ll need to add in a feature image for it. This is the image that goes at the very top of the article:
- To add your image, select ‘set featured image’ on the right hand side of the screen and add in your image. Remember, this is the most important image of the entire article, so needs to be eye catching and strong. Please also ensure it is sized to the following dimensions:
- Landscape – 1440 x 810px
Portrait – 810 x 1215px
- Once you have completed building your article, you will need to tag it by both destination, and search terms. You have the option to tag your article on a regional level, a country level and a city level, plus add relevant generic search terms that relate to the topic of your article. If the tag you need does not exist do not worry, the six-two editorial team will add it in for you.
How to submit your article for review
- Once your article is ready for submission, hit the ‘submit to workflow’ button on the right hand side of the page
- Under the workflow tab, select ‘submit to six-two editor’. If you have any comments about your article you want included in your submission, add them in, in the comments section.
- Hit submit
Chatting to a six-two editor
Have a question or want to chat to us about your article? Just hit the ‘Chat’ icon in the bottom right, and type away! We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.