Calling all Australians who love holidays but don't get enough time off! We've worked out quite possibly the best travel hack of 2018, and it'll turn 19 days (leaving one leftover for spare) into 43 sweet days off. We've broken it down below showing you exactly when you need to tell your boss bon voyage and pimp those public holidays.
The purple circled dates are the dates you ask for leave on and as you can see, used right, you can take a 16 day trip in April!
If you’re not so much for the infographics when it comes to absorbing info, here it is written out:
- Easter break: 26 March – 6 April = 16 days off using 8 days of leave
- Anzac break: April 21 – April 29 = 9 days off using 4 days of leave
- October break: September 29 – October 7 = 9 days off using 4 days of leave
- Christmas break: December 22 – December 30 = 9 days off using 3 days of leave (you can maximise it even more by taking the 31st as leave and get 11 days off!)
- BONUS ROUND: Extra leave? Look for the public holidays in January and June to turn one day off into 9 days and take a mini getaway.
Need some inspo? Here are some perfect trips for your #hackedholidays:
- European Highlights, 14 days
- Greek Island Hopping, 13 days
- England and Scotland, 9 days
- Southern Adventure, USA, 13 days
- Canada and the Rockies, 11 days
- Thai Island Hopper West, 8 days
- Vietnam Experience, 12 days
- Sweet as South, New Zealand, 9 days
- Ultimate Inca Trail, 8 days
Public holidays are based off National or State majority dates and don’t include special or bank holidays.