1. Travel is back!
2. It can help you connect with your heritage
3. There are more ways to learn than ever.
4. It’s good for your brain!
5. It’s good for your career
6. You can do it anywhere
7. It shows you care
8. There’s SO much to read that isn’t in English
9. It’s a good bonding activity
10. It’ll teach you about yourself
Did you know people who can speak more than one language have greater empathy? Some people even say that their personality is subtly different in another language. It may not change you as a person, but it’ll definitely help you grow as a person – and it just might change your life.
11. It helps you avoid the tourist traps
From being able to politely explain you’re not interested in something, to being able to converse like a true local at the nearby market, being multilingual helps you avoid the tourist traps everyone else seems to get caught in. So why not sit in that once-intimidating Parisian cafe, order a pastry, and read your Camus in the original French? Show off.