You’re heading to Asia! Whether you’re going to vibrant Vietnam or terrific Thailand, you’re sure to have a great time seeing and eating everything in site. Contiki’s taken care of the itinerary for you of course, but when it comes to what to pack, you’re on your own.
JUST KIDDING (obvs)! We’ve got your back with our handy packing list for two weeks in South East Asia. Remember, it’s going to be hot!
- Flight reservation number and/or booking confirmation
- ID (Drivers license, 18 & over card or another form of identification)
- Copy of Travel insurance and passport
- Contiki travel documents
- A kindle or book
- Eye mask
- Ear plugs
- Travel neck pillow
- Lip balm with SPF
- Underwear x 7
- Socks x 5
- Shorts/skirts x 3
- Light cotton or linen long pants x 2
- Simple beach dresses x 2
- Long maxi dresses and skirts x 3
- T-shirts, loose-fitting and light shirts, or singlets x 7
- Jumper/sweater/hoodie x 1
- Nice clothing (i.e. collared shirt for guys or dressier dress for girls) for a night out x 1
- Walking shoes (joggers, sneakers or running shoes)
- Sandals or slip on shoes
- Thongs AKA flip flops
- Sarong or large scarf (many religious sites will ask you to cover your shoulders or knees so best to have one on hand).
TIP: This list is based on doing washing once. Washing is quite cheap in Asia, but if you’d prefer not to, just double the amounts of underwear and clothes.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (+ floss if you’re extra good)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Soap, and/or body wash
- Skincare (face wash, moisturiser etc.)
- Hair brush/comb
- Pain killers/medications
- Basic first aid kit
- Insect repellent (the best option is one that contains DEET)
- Wet wipes
- Hand sanitiser (essential!)
- Tissues (essential!)
- Tinted moisturiser (it’s up to you how much makeup you bring, but the humidity won’t be a friend to foundation).
- Rain poncho (if travelling during the rainy season)
- Travel adapters and a power board
- Reusable bag (doubles as a beach bag and help reduce waste when shopping and say NO to the mandatory plastic straw and bag given with every water purchase at 7/11 in Thailand!)
- Overnight bag (needed for special stays, a backpack is fine but your suitcase or bag is too big)