We’ve all had that moment before a holiday where you’re seriously weighing up the pros and cons of buying travel insurance. On the one hand you’re covered if anything goes wrong, but on the other hand you know that’s extra margarita money you’re spending. It’s a tough choice but after seeing these classic holiday fails you’ll realise it’s actually a no-brainer to lock in some good travel insurance…
1. When your flight gets delayed or cancelled
Or ya know, both. With a few extra delays thrown in for funsies.
2. When you get injured
And it wasn’t even because you were being a daredevil. “In the space of a day, I’ve gone from ‘aww yiss I snorkelled for the first time’ to ‘aww yiss I put some tights on’. Don’t fall over, kids, it’s not worth it.” – Charlotte, @loneviolist
3. How about when your luggage disappears?
It’s even more fun after a long haul flight. NOT.
4. Or when your beloved items get broken
“Well, I made it home in one piece. The Chi did not.” – Essie, @essie.cade
WHILE WE’RE TALKING HOLIDAY PLANNING: SIMPLY EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TRAVEL ADAPTERS
5. What if it was something super expensive too?!
Aaaaand had your pictures on it! “3000kg 4×4 car <vs> GoPro Hero 4 … photo says enough. Use original accessories, not fake ones which do not stick enough.” – Jeroen, @fotoshootoplocatie
6. How about losing your passport?
No passport is coming back from Scottish rains.
7. What about having your passport but it's soaking wet?
Sometimes being clean isn’t worth it 😩
8. And what if you tried to flush it down the loo?!
Yeah, that’s probably not getting through security.
9. How about when your passport is wet and you have ZERO cash
Oh, and that pasta in Italy went straight to your thighs. Sigh.