If you’re looking for some inspiration to live your best life in 2017, take some notes from these 6 ambitious and all-around-awesome Canadians.
We asked them all what THEY will do in 2017 that they'll remember forever, and here's what they've got planned:
Music & video producer – London, ON
- Visit a country that I’ve never been to before
- See cherry blossoms in full bloom in Japan, for the first time
- Take a real vacation (not a work trip, as the majority of my travel has been) and go off the grid completely. Suggestions?
- Become a master chef
- Volunteer my time for a cause that I believe in
- Make healthier choices when it comes to nutrition and fitness and get really hot this year. Watch out!
- Be the host for a new series
- Release an album of the best music I’ve ever written
- Create content that is more socially responsible, because we really need that right now
Personal Style & Travel Blogger – Montreal, QC
- Visit the small town in southern Italy with my family that my sister was born in over 25 years ago
- See my cousin get married in Norway
- See/Ski the Canadian Rocky Mountains
- Introduce my country to my Australian boyfriend (whom I met in Indonesia)
- I’m excited to become an entrepreneur in 2017 and start my own business!
Lifestyle & adventure photographer/ social media coordinator – Whistler, BC
- I mean…Riding pow in Japan was like the top top of my list and I just did it…so 2017 is off to an incredible start?!
- Skydive in New Zealand
- Road trip the coast of Australia
- Complete building website for photography
- Save all my $5 bills
- Bring main squeeze (boyfriend) to Japan to meet grandparents
- Attain job as social media coordinator for a local heli company
- Become a go-to photographer for elite snowboard brand
- Expand and enhance all of my networks to make a name for myself
Editor of This Renegade Love – Toronto, ON
- Heading to Australia for the first time to meet my fiancee’s family
- Going on a trip to PEI with my mum (something we’ve always talked about doing)
- Talking about honeymoon destinations… top pick so far? South Africa and Madagascar!
- GETTING MARRIED! (to a wonderful Aussie I met through Contiki)
- Moving to a new home in my favourite neighbourhood of Toronto
- Getting a bike and actually navigate the streets of TO (I know this sounds so small, but it’s something that’s always terrified me, so it’s big in my eyes lol)
- Launching This Renegade Studio, helping bloggers and small businesses create a brand identity
- Hosting workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs in Toronto
- Helping a local restaurant launch their new location, which trains disadvantaged women in the restaurant industry and helps to give them a leg up
Santiago de Hoyos
Photographer – Vancouver, BC
- I’d like to visit Spain, I haven’t been back in almost 10 years!
- I really want to cross Copenhagen off my bucket list… and Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Finland)
- I want a beach bum trip in Central America (Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and/or Guatemala)
- I’d like to put the pieces in motion for a permanent move to Barcelona, Spain
- I’d like to set up a photography exhibit in Vancouver for a project I’ve been working on for a year or two
- More camping and meditating in my free time
- I’d like to take the next steps as a photographer, book some big projects with more large brands and clients while remaining accessible to local artists and artisans
- Make the most of my learning opportunities at the creative agency that I’m beginning to work at later this month
- Learn more, learn more, learn more!
Travel photographer, writer and content marketer – Vancouver, BC
- Visit Alaska
- Surf and Snowboard in the same day
- Take more day trips outside my front door (Vancouver)
- Get a dog
- Move to an Island (Vancouver Island)
- Visit my family back home more (Alberta)
- Work twice as hard everyday
- Take more photographs for fun to develop my skills
- Learn when it’s time to shut off
Inspired yet? Good. Start planning!